Sunday, March 15, 2009

My "mom night away"

I just have to say that taking a night and day away to go to the "Hearts at Home" conference was the best thing I could have done for not only myself but for my family!!  I went with some "girls" from church and didn't really know any of them very well at all.  But let me tell you, by 1 am Saturday morning, I knew them much better!!  I hadn't laughed that hard in quite awhile!  I went to a lot of good workshops that really lifted me up and gave me a new perspective on things.  Let's hope I keep remembering them as the days pass...  Anyway, Brent and the girls "camped out" in the living room (but in the tent, I might add) and had a great time with daddy "in charge"!!  Anna is still wanting Daddy mostly ( I secretly hope she goes back to being a mommy's girl!)  Abbi is very excited that her mommy came back!  She really didn't want me to go and the morning I left told me that she'd really miss me and if I left she might cry!  I thought she'd be okay with me going because she had been away from me several times, but then I realized that she was always the one that left to go somewhere else, while I stayed home.   But everyone survived and I had a suprise of a new countertop on my island when I arrived home!!  It is so wonderful to have a real countertop on my island that doesn't have to be covered with a table cloth!!  When the whole kitchen is finished, I will take "before" and "after" shots and post them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment