Thursday, April 16, 2009

another funny out of Abbi's mouth!

Today was a fun filled day!  I worked at a Book Fair Abbi's school is putting on to help raise money for new furniture, then went to pick up the girls to get to Abbi's gymnastics class.  We then dropped off some books to return to the library only to notice a very LOW tire.  I called Brent to see if it would jsut be okay to drive to a gas station to fill up and then go home for the day.  Well, Brent's work wasn't far away and he wanted to see it (I guess) and fill it up at teh shop where he works.  So off we go back to that end of town to get the tire pumped up.  Brent noticed a nail in the tire, filled it up with air, and told me to go straight home that it was leaking pretty fast, and he'd fix it when he got home.  SO, the WHOLE way home (about 15 mins) Abbi was very nervous about this tire, saying "I don't want a leak in the van" (like she even knew what that meant!).  So we pulled into the garage and Abbi REFUSED to walk past the tire because she was "scared of the leak".  I had to carry her and show her the nail and show her that it was okay and it wasn't going to hurt anyone or anything and that Daddy would fix it and it would be like new again!!  I never imagined that a low (almost flat) tire would cause such distress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment